Apply for the Remote DBA Scholarship
For 2015, Remote DBA is creating a new scholarship for students interested in pursuing a data-focused or data science career.
About the scholarship
Remote DBA will award a scholarship of $3,500 to an outstanding college student pursuing studies in computer science or computer engineering with a demonstrated interest in the fields of database administration or data science.
What's behind this scholarship?
IDC estimates that this year alone, over 1.8 zettabytes of data will be created. This number is projected to grow fifty-fold by the year 2020. Right now and in the near future, companies of all sizes will need database administrators and data scientists to help manage and make sense of the enormous amount of new data generated. We want to encourage students to pursue data-focused careers and to play an active role in the new data-centric global economy.
- The applicants must be enrolled in an accredited 4-year university or college located in United States;
- Graduating high school seniors with a GPA of 3.5 or above are also eligible to apply for the scholarship;
- Applicants must be pursuing or intending to pursue their bachelor's degree which can be in the fields of computer engineering, computer science or in another technical discipline such as electrical engineering, physics or mathematics with an interest in the field of computer science.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, submit the following:
- Write a 1000-word essay comparing 3 different database technologies of your choosing;
- Create a visual infographic to accompany your essay;
- Be sure that both your essay and infographic are detailed, well-written and are based on information that is well-researched;
- Include a cover letter. Be sure to include your name, your college, college year, graduating year and intended major. In your cover letter, explain how you plan to use the scholarship and why we should select your application;
To apply, submit your scholarship application to email@example.com. To be considered for the 2015 award, entries must be received no later than March 15, 2015.