At Remote DBA, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy covers how we process, protect, and control your personal information under applicable privacy laws. Furthermore, this Policy covers your rights concerning processing your personal information by Remote DBA.
Which categories of personal information do we collect and process?
We collect your personal information when you use the contact form on our website. If the information we collect is not listed in this Policy, we will provide customers with an appropriate Notice of which other information we will collect and how we will process it.
In the context of this Policy, personal information refers to information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact a customer.
The categories of personal information we may collect and process in the context of the processing activities outlined in this Policy are:
- Identifiers, including your first and last name, email address, and telephone number.
- Position and professional or employment-related information, including your job title.
If you provide us with personal information about another person, you are responsible for notifying such person of the information in this Policy and obtaining consent from such person to share the information with us.
Our services are not directed to individuals under 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under eighteen (18) years of age. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you believe a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. We will take the necessary steps to delete the information we hold about that minor from our servers.
How do we collect your personal information?
The categories of personal information referenced above are collected directly from you through your interactions with our website, for example, when submitting a message through the contact form. Your personal information may also be collected from public sources, such as social networking websites. Your decision to provide us with your personal information is voluntary.
What sensitive personal information do we collect?
We do not collect sensitive personal information as defined below through our website or otherwise. In the unlikely case where we seek to collect such data, we will do so per applicable privacy laws after obtaining your consent.
Sensitive personal information refers to various categories of personal information requiring special treatment per data privacy laws, including, in some circumstances, obtaining your explicit consent before collecting it. These categories include racial or ethnic information, political affiliations, religious, philosophical, and similar beliefs, trade union memberships, health information, biometric or genetic data, sexual life or orientation, criminal convictions, and offenses.
For which purposes do we use your personal information?
We limit access to your personal information to our employees and contractors who have a legitimate need to use it. We use your personal information only as needed to fulfill a specific purpose, including:
- Complying with legal requirements to which we are subject.
- Responding to your inquiries, fulfilling your requests, providing customer service, sending administrative information, and personalizing your experience with our services.
- Improving the content and functionality of our website.
- Marketing and promoting our services to you to ensure we can conduct, improve, and increase our business. For example, we may use the information you provide to contact you in the manner(s) you request when the information is collected. We may collect your email address to send you content and newsletters or contact you about services or information you expressed interest in.
- Communicating with you to ensure proper communication and emergency handling with our company.
- Contacting you in the future regarding services, opportunities, and other general information about us that we believe will interest you.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this policy will depend on the personal information we collect and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will generally collect personal information from you only:
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights.
- Where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you.
- Where we have your consent to do so.
How do we protect your personal information?
Remote DBA offers database management services. We take great responsibility for ensuring the privacy and security of our website’s visitors.
We protect your personal information by maintaining appropriate technical, security, and administrative controls on our systems storing, transmitting, and processing your personal information to minimize the risk of unauthorized access, disclosure, unlawful processing, accidental or unlawful loss, destruction, alteration, or damage per applicable laws and privacy policies. We follow protocols, policies, procedures, and guidelines aligned with leading industry standards to protect your personal and company information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information, you should understand there is always a level of risk assumed by sharing personal data online. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with our website is no longer secure, please immediately inform us per the “How to reach us for privacy concerns” section below.
Will we share your personal information with third parties?
We will not share your personal information with third parties unless you ask or authorize us to do so or in connection with the purposes described in this Policy. In such cases, we will, whenever possible, obtain confidentiality agreements from any person or entity to whom your personal information is disclosed. Furthermore, we will take appropriate action to ensure that any recipient of your personal information has appropriate security measures to protect it and a valid reason for processing and using it per applicable laws and our internal policies. We may transfer your personal information to any of our locations and subsidiaries of Remote DBA. We may also share your personal information with third parties as required to fulfill a corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, mergers, consolidations, initial public offering, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
We will not sell your personal information.
Where will your personal information be processed?
Your personal information will be processed in the United States per applicable privacy laws and our internal policies.
How can you manage and delete the personal information we have about you?
You can access, correct, amend, remove, or limit the use or disclosure of the personal information that we have collected and stored. If you would like to make a subject access request (SAR) to view, delete, or otherwise change the data stored in our database, please contact us using the following link: https://www.remotedba.com/contact-us/.
How long will we retain your personal information?
We keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill a specific business or legal purpose. We follow records management and information retention practices to ensure that your personal information is deleted, anonymized, or isolated, whichever is appropriate, after a specified term per the following retention criteria:
- We will keep your personal information for the duration of our relationship with you
- We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide services to you
- We will keep your personal information for as long as required to comply with applicable laws, contractual requirements, and internal policies.
California Specific Notice
The CCPA entitles consumers residing in California to exercise specific rights regarding collecting, storing, and processing their personal information. This section outlines your rights under CCPA and describes how you can exercise them.
Disclose to you the specific information we collect about you and your data portability rights
CCPA gives you the right to request us to disclose the personal information we collected and processed about you over the preceding twelve (12) months.
We are not required to search for personal information under certain conditions, in which case, in response to your request, we will describe the categories of records that may contain personal information that we did not search for because they meet such conditions.
Request us to delete the personal information we collected about you
Subject to certain exceptions, CCPA gives you the right to request us to delete any personal information we collected from you and retained. Following receipt and confirmation of your verifiable consumer request, and unless an exception applies, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct our service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Based on our legal rights and obligations, we may deny your deletion request or partially fulfill to:
- Finalize the transaction for which we collected your personal information, provide the services you requested from us, or execute a contract with you.
- Detect cybersecurity incidents and data breaches, prevent malicious, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute individuals responsible for conducting such activities.
- Exercise our right to free speech and ensure the right of other consumers to exercise their free speech rights or any other right provided by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.)
- Make reasonable internal and lawful uses of your personal information, compatible with the purpose you provided it and based on our relationship with you.
- Comply with laws and regulations.
How to reach us for privacy concerns
For questions or concerns about our privacy practices concerning your personal information, you can contact us
using the following link: https://www.remotedba.com/contact-us/.